All you need to help in keeping your Cricket tip-top
- Keeping you Cricket clean
- Technical query; read our list of FAQs
- Book a service
- Order a spare part
- Register your Cricket for free; activate the 12 month warranty and automatically receive an annual service reminder and support
The Cricket, including the fabric components, is guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship for a period of twelve months from the date of manufacture.
The warranty covers fair wear and tear only, and is not valid in cases of misuse or uses other than those specified in the manufacturer’s instruction manual. We do not warrant fabrics against shrinkage so please pay careful attention to cleaning instructions. Certain movement patterns and behaviour may accelerate fabric wear; this is not covered by the warranty.
Register your Cricket for free, to activate the 12 month product warranty and receive a reminder when the annual service is due.
Safety in use
Great care is taken in the design of this product to ensure that it complies with all the appropriate safety legislation. Please ensure that all staff are familiar with the following restrictions:
- Do not use the Cricket in vehicles or to transfer outdoors
- Do not use the Cricket if any part is damaged or missing
- Only use on flat level surfaces
- Ensure that both castor brakes are applied before transferring a patient to or from the Cricket
- Do not raise the height of the Cricket higher than allowed, by the top spring button position
- Do not attempt to adjust the height of the Cricket while in use with a patient
- Incorrect use of this product can cause accidents
- Do not allow anyone to kneel or sit on the base plate of the Cricket.
- Ensure that there is normal weight distribution in the sitting position
- The user must always be positioned within the wheel base of the Cricket
- The back kidney pads must be in the down position before moving the Cricket
Should the Cricket no longer be required, it can be returned. The unit must be unused, in all original packaging and in a condition fit for resale. Please note there is a 10% restocking charge.
Please contact our Head Office on 01531 635678, prior to returning the Cricket.
It is important to regularly inspect your Cricket to check the operation and general condition, along with reviewing the calibration settings. We recommend the unit is checked daily to ensure it is in working order, fully functional and ready for use.
A full service is recommended annually. As part of our care plan our HH Service team (incorporating Symmetrikit Service) specialise in servicing, product support and inspecting all mobility equipment. Our engineers are fully trained, LOLER certified and supported by a quick response team at our Head Office. Contact our Service Department directly on 01531 634468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, you can also complete a Cricket service request form.
Cricket Service features include:
It is good practice to ensure your Cricket I or Cricket II is clean, dry and in working order before every use. Regular checks highlight any dirt, damage or wear that can affect the Crickets’ use and function.
Please refer to our Cricket Cleaning guide to ensure your unit is kept in full working order.
Our top five Cricket cleaning tips
- Daily visual inspection
- Check all components are fitted correctly
- Ensure no wear and tear on fabric components
- Check frame for wear and tear or damage
- Inspect castors and brakes, function fully and spin freely
Q: How much does a Cricket weigh?
Q: What clearance is required to roll under furniture correctly?
Q: How do I clean a Cricket?
A: The seat can be removed and washed at 40° using a biological detergent. The frame should be wiped using a diluted detergent and dried thoroughly before use. We do not recommend the Cricket is cleaned in an autoclave. For full details, please refer to our for more information
Q: Can I clean the Cricket in an autoclave?
A: We do not recommend the Cricket is cleaned in an autoclave, due to the risk of trapping moisture and causing deterioration within the frame/components
Q: Does the Cricket have a Guarantee?
Q: I need a spare, how do I identify the part?
A: For details and images of all the spare parts available, please check the Cricket User Manual for more information
There are a range of spares available for the CricketII, available here; to place an order or ask a question please contact our Service Department on 01531 635388.